Finals season is now upon us. I have gone back and forth with high amounts of stress to just whatever happens happens. Instead of stressing, I thought I would try to find some new study tactics that might be a big help. So here is what Pinterest has to offer:
1. When studying read out loud. I’ve been told this several times. If you read things out loud and in repition you have a better chance of remembering.
2. I for one love coffee and drinking it is always a blessing in itself. If you’re not a coffee drinker have some tea or hot chocolate!
3. Study in 10-20 minute intervals. Your brain can only do so much at a time. Don’t cram for hour and hours at a time without stopping… You will go crazy. Study, take little breaks, and eat a snack.
4. Listen to non lyrical music. This can be very calming! (SPOTIFY)
5. Spend more time on the topics/questions you’re finding most difficult and less times on the ones you know the best!
6. Set a time schedule for yourself. This always helps me to have a plan laid out it front of me and not running around crazy in my head.
7. Breathe. My Psycology teacher showed us a way of meditation in class. Here’s out it goes— If you’re in a chair sit straight up with your feet on the ground or just dangling. If you’re sitting down try and cross your legs. Place your hands in your lap or on your thighs. Slightly tuck your chin and look towards the floor. Feel free to blink. You don’t have to stare at one specific then. Count to ten continuosuly. Breathe in and push your stomach out. Then breathe out and think as if you’re trying to touch your belly button to your spine. Do this for however long you like. Though my teacher said after 20 minutes you’re more than likely sleeping haha. Whenever you’re done give yourself a few seconds of looking around and slowly moving before hopping right up!
8. Remember yes the test is important, but life goes on. It is always going to work out in the end. YOU GOT THIS!
“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” Psalm 94:19