I would hope that I give good advice. I give it out a lot so if it’s not good then we could have a problem hahaha. It’s always easier to give advice than to take it. I know first hand. I’m as stubborn as they come. I’ve always heard sometimes people have to go through things on their own before they get it. Sadly that’s 100% true. 9/10 it doesn’t matter if everyone around us has been in a similar situation and is telling us what will happen… we do it anyways. Right? It’s frustrating. It’s frustrating when people you care about don’t listen. It’s frustrating when you didn’t listen and look back and think “mannn.” I’m very young and I definitely don’t have it all figured out, but I think I can help those younger than me. This post is coming straight from my own experiences and if you’re reading this PAY ATTENTION. I wasn’t sure whether to title this “Boys” or “Relationships” so I chose “Advice” instead. I’m sure it’s different with everyone, but I know we all go through similar things. If you’re like me and you don’t have an older sibling to go to for guidance feel free to use me and listen up!
* The number one thing to always remember is you are your company. Whether you think it or not you either rub off on people or they rub off on you.
* Don’t lose who you are while fighting for someone else. It’s easy to get caught in a sticky situation and only get deeper and deeper into the mess. I’ve found myself not even knowing who I was anymore because I was so stuck on trying to please someone else.
* Trust your instincts! I’m a firm believer in trusting your gut. You know if somethings up. I’m worlds worst at ignoring my instincts. On a smaller scale, I do this all the times on tests. Yes tests. I second guess myself like crazy! Then I end up getting the question I had correct the first time wrong because I changed it! Ugh! Relating that to relationships. Trust yourself. Any any relationship you put yourself in family, friends, or partner. You know you better than anyone else. You have the ability to know if somethings not right. Don’t ignore that feeling, I have several times. It saves you time and regret.
* Don’t limit yourself. Whether you think you may like someone or not, never base things off of appearance. When you get to truly know someone and like them as a person they grow 10x more attractive. Don’t not give anyone a chance because you may surprise yourself.
* Listen to those around you. Go to those around you. Whether it be your mom, friends, siblings, etc. Ask people. You may not like everyone’s opinion but you need them. You could be completely bias and blind to the truth. You may need some help.
* Spend time with friends and family don’t get so caught up with life you forget about those you love or how to relax and have fun.
* Don’t stress the small stuff. I’m preaching to the choir here. Odds are things you’re stressing over at the moment won’t even phase you a year from now. So don’t put your body or mental health through it. Everything works itself out— Grades, Drama, Breakups. There are some things you have no control over. Therefore there’s no sense in stressing over it!